View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 04:12 PM   #6
Ironangel

Re: Transmission Cooler/Water Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68gmsee View Post
Prognosis is not good... Here's some reading on it.
Google: "water in my automatic transmission"

https://www.mistertransmission.com/w...-transmission/
Need to read this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by homemade87 View Post
The thing that puzzles me is how was there any fluid return to the trans . If the out side flow of the tranny line was attached to the drain plug there could not have been any return to the trans from the radiator . Now if the return to the trans line was attached , that's a different story . It would suck coolant straight to the trans .

Being there was a lot of pink in the coolant my guess you had the out side attached or you would not have the pink in the coolant and also you would have a floor full of fluid out the trans cooler fitting that was not hooked up .

This may may have saved your trans . If you wanted to be sure drop the pan and if all looks good you got lucky .
And answer this...? Which line got hooked up to radiator drain, the fluid out or the fluid return line? If the remaining line was hooked up to the proper trans cooler fitting in the radiator, then you either got a mess all over the floor, or you just simply filled the radiator with trans fluid. That would mean the return line was sucking air not water...? Right? You either filled the tranny with water, or filled the radiator with tranny fluid, I dont think you could have done both?
71 C/50 Grain Truck, 350 Split-Axle 4-Speed
02 3/4 ton Express
14 Indian Chief Vintage
1952 Ford 8N, "Only Ford Allowed On The Property"
"Be American, Buy American"
Ironangel is offline   Reply With Quote