View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 09:34 PM   #31
72chevynut

Re: Question for the purists

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I'm not a purist because I do modified trucks as well as 100% original. A purist would not approve of my modified trucks.

A SPID is just a silly sticker? That's a joke, right? That has got to be the most incorrect statement in this thread, if not. You see, it has the VIN on it which proves a truck with no more and no less options than shown on it is bonified, same as a build sheet. I guess a VIN plate is just a silly piece of metal and the title is a silly piece of paper by that logic.

Yes a truck is only "factory" original once, but it can be repaired, restored, refurbished to remain original. Some trucks had to have an original part replaced by the dealer under warranty. The same factory part was used to replace the faulty one and that truck is still 100% original. If there is a 100% factory original truck out there it has a dead for over 40 years battery and rotten flat tires.

Here is a 5,000+ mile 100% original '73 C10. Except the original tires are in the bed. It's not a Cheyenne Super, it doesn't have A/C, 307/3spd. Nothing added, yet some nice looking options. If anything had been done to "upgrade" this truck it would have killed it's value as an original. The rear bumper is a dealer installed Luverne as well as the GM accessory VentVisors. Many trucks came through with no rear bumper because only some states were just beginning to require safety inspections on trucks. The original tires are laying in the bed.
Sorry specia-k but that's not a year correct truck for this forum. Lol, had to say that. Appreciate and respect all your comments and also a super nice square body truck!!!