Thread: Dually Wheels
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #9
1badgmc

Re: Dually Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGRAFX View Post
I've talked to the owner of tennessee wheel & tire briefly about his companies products. but $4k for wheels and tires is more then what I paid for my square body, so I'm looking for alternatives.
If I were to ever buy some semi wheels for my dually, the Tow Nasty wheels from Tennessee Wheel & Tire would be the ones I would want. That's a big wad of cash there, but when I figure I spent $3,000 on the 19/20 wheel and tire combo on my '91 back in '02, $4,000 for some 22" semis and tires isn't all that bad. The big deal to me is that their Tow Nasty wheels will tuck on the rear with stock 16" inners without having to narrow the rear end or widen the fenders. I like the idea of this for the fact that if you ever went back to stocks all around, it wouldn't look retarded with them being sucked in due to the widened fenders or narrowed rear you put on to tuck those other semi wheels.

You might be able to find some other 22" semis for cheaper, but when you figure the money you'll spend on paint & body to widen the fenders or the money you'd spend to narrow the rear end, I'm not sure that you'd come out on top.

Now, if you have no plans of going that low and don't mind the rear wheels sticking out, then it's a different story.
1badgmc is offline   Reply With Quote