View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 01:01 PM   #23
killthewabbit
Spear and magic helmet!

Re: howz about some 73-87 lowrider pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpuller View Post
those trucks are cool.but,alot of "our guys"on here have better lookin rides.check out the way the front clip and hood /fender gaps fit,escpecially on that green one,but hey,there lowered chevys i like them.
Better looking is subjective, though. While I personally strive for a static drop and 17s (similar to yours), there are those out there (especially on that site) who dig the really radical mods like the doors and the tailgate and laying rocker on 22s. The truck a few posts up had the chopped top, which has never looks right to me on our bodystyle trucks. It's still impressive to me though.

I don't disagree that a lot of "our guys" have done better quality stuff. But unless your name is Trepanier or Foose, that's always going to be the case. My point was that he did all of that himself, from installing the hydros to Z'ing the frame to installing those doors to painting it. I don't know any non-professional guys who have done that in their backyard shop and had it come out as nice as that guy's did.

In the end, I'm with you on liking pretty much any lowered chevys. The topic asked for a lowrider, and that's about as close as I've seen to one with our bodystyle.