View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 07:45 PM   #423
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

Ok, so for now I think I am going to call it done and spend the rest of the good weather driving it! I can't even begin to describe how burned out I am!

I think I want to run it without the hood. If I do end up running the hood, it will certainly be without the side panels.

Anyways I finished hanging the nose and headlight buckets. WHAT ALOT OF FRIGGIN WORK THAT WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially when you have a bad back. I think I crawled under the front fenders a 100 times trying to get everything lined up. I still need to put the rear glass in but I have to con a friend because it is a 2 man job for sure.

The brakes are about 90% on the way to being what i like. I'm not sure if I need a bigger MC or smaller one. Hmmmmmm. My next big decision is wheels and tires. After that, over the Winter, the seat will come back out and get re-done with black upholstery and white stitching. Also I still have to throw some black carpet on the cab floor.

I have a buddy of mine who is a sign painter so I have to get him over and throw some white pin stripping on, and perhaps some door art. I have this design in my mind for the doors.......I just have to get it put on paper first so I can see it before i pull the trigger. Trust me it will certainly turn some heads

A poll:
Black wheels with black tires
Black wheels with wide whites
White wheels with black tires

Heres hoping I can upload some pics from imgur.............

paintman is offline   Reply With Quote