View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 07:01 PM   #12
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: New Compressor arrived today

I have done some reading on the Champion, Quincy and Ingersall Rand. Not real impressed with the quality of the IR models I saw at the local tractor supply store. I have an 80 gallon 5hp 2 stage now that I bought from Snap On back in 86'. I think it is only like 15cfm though. I also have a 60 gallon (horizontal tank) with a 7.5hp direct drive compressor that I bought cheap from a friend who closed up. The motor went bad on my Snap on a while back so I hooked up the other one. I noticed that I was loosing a lot of pressure in the shop when compressor cut off even with no tools going. Both Compressors are in my small garage and piped over to the big one so I don't have the noise in the work area. I went over to check the compressor and noticed air leaking out of the bottom of the tank (dust blowing around made it easy to spot) I originally though it might be drain plug leaking but upon closer inspection that it is a rust hole. Needless to say I took it right back out of service and ordered a new motor for the Snap on unit. I guess my buddy did not drain the water as often as he should have and the tank is toast. With the age of my Snap on it has me now doubting the integrity of that tank even though I drain it a couple time per week. I just don't want to take a chance with the safety side and have a tank explosion that could kill someone. I was originally hoping to plumb both compressors together (which I did) to allow me to run both when using the blasting cabinet. Seems like that won't happen now and best bet is to just get something similar to what you have here. Sorry for long post
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote