View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 08:05 AM   #23
roll_the_dice

Re: New Compressor arrived today

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGSigns View Post
Here is a link from a discussion a few years ago on drying air. Some really easy to do ideas while you are plumbing your new toy. I had the up and down loop in my other shop and it did a pretty good job. Will do another one in the new shop when it is done.
Jimmy
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=643549
Thanks for the link Jimmy. I read that article from the powdercoat guide and that is how I plan on running my pipe in my garage.

My biggest concern is moisture going from the compressor to my work shed in the backyard. I have to go up to the attic across the house (50 feet total maybe)...then down the outside wall...but do I go underground to the shed that will trap moisture or leave a drop and drain outside and plug an air hose from the shed to the outside of the house to connect the shed tools and outlets? I was thinking of having an outlet on the outside of the shed to connect the air hose to the house compressor. The outside of the house would come from the attic drop down with a ball valve at the entry going to the attic to cut air off when not in use thus "stopping" moisture from entering that run and also another one at the bottom outside the house to drain moisture when not in use.

I was planning on using the rapidair 3/4 line for the attic run since it is one continuous roll of pipe there will be no connections in the attic for an air leak. That make sense? I get wordy sometimes explaining things.
roll_the_dice is offline   Reply With Quote