View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 12:26 AM   #272
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Polar Bear Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billhilly View Post
Hey Larry,
Just had a quick question about Duratrac's. I have just finished a drawn out build on my K2500 (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=217490) and am running 285 75 16 Duratracs on it. I imported these tyres and they are only now becoming available down here so there is no real 'local knowledge' as such. I don't know anyone running these tyres, I am wondering what sort of pressure you are running in yours? I figure Polar Bear would be a similar weight to my (empty) truck. I am currently trying 55lbs. I've only done 1500 miles so far and have gone from 50lb to 55lb. Still undecided and looking for opinions!
Loving your 8.1 swaps, I think one would be fun in my truck! Oh, and a five speed swap!
Hey Billhilly!

Yeah, I’ve been watching your build but mostly through my phone, which isn’t easy to make comments with. Also dug your pictures on the mountain. Too cool!

I tell ya, I really like these Duratracs! The set on the Polar Bear really belong on the K10 but the bear borrowed them for a while to chase a vibration issue (turned out the vibration wasn’t the tires anyway). I need to swap them back soon. Anyway, I run the air pressure at 50 psi front/rear when they are on the Burb and 50 psi front/55 psi rear when they are on the K10 due to the weight of the camper. They seem to be wearing very well. In fact, they don’t show any wear hardly at all although I only have about 7,000 to 8,000 miles on them. Maybe a little more…. I kind of lost track of the miles being I’ve swapped them back and forth from truck to burb a few times. I highly recommend them. You going to love them! I have a set of 285 Duratracs on my Silverado HD as well but those probably only have a couple thousand miles on them if that.

Thanks for the engine swap comments. They've definitely been fun to do!
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote