View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 10:40 PM   #16
Two45s

Re: Factory Blazer Colors

Where do I begin? Critter.....I would certainly like to have a dark olive Blazer ( my first color choice ). PLEASE do not paint it another color! I could be wrong, but I am fairly certain there was no "silver" color for GM Blazers, Jimmys, or pickups in the 1967 - 1972 model years...I've never seen one. But, if I correctly recall, there is a "gold" type of color and also a "copper", the first being more rare than the latter. Also, the PPG charts have tagged the Chevrolet / GM colors with their own names...those are not the factory names listed on the PPG charts. For example, SeventyOne.....there are at least 3 greens...light olive, dark, olive, and meadow green ( bright green turquiose ). rsavage...I think the factory name for the 514 color code is red orange, which is more red than orange. I think the actual orange posted in the one photo is tangier orange. The only other color names I know besides the basic white and black are ochre ( mustard ), hawiian blue, and mariner blue. I think there was a maroon color in 1969 and maybe 1970, but I do not know the actual factory name or color code from the build sheet decal inside the glovebox door. The only other thing I'd like to add is, in my humble opinion, the lower wide black / chrome body molding along with the black / chrome tailgate molding with Chevrolet or GMC, looks great and really sets off the Blazer and or pickup once it is painted. I see too many vehicles restored with the wide lower molding and no tailgate applique.....just painted over the big molded letters. Also, I like the newer rally wheels painted the body color with chrome trim rings...and either keep the center cap original ( chrome ) or black would look good with some colors along with a black hard top or black bikini top...so the wheel would have body color, chrome, and black. I think that would be a real eye catcher!

Last edited by Two45s; 03-19-2012 at 10:42 PM. Reason: please delete if it is a duplicate
Two45s is offline   Reply With Quote