View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #39
JJH Jimmy

Re: Project "It's a Jimmy Thing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaros44sr View Post
Yeah, im familiar with swageloc, used to work for a small company that built cats for diesel engines...cool stuff

Thanks for the info., ill check it out

Your welding skills are impressive, you may be bad at bending ( looks good to me )but, i really suc at welding

Did you buy the roll over vent from someone?

Does the fuel line fray like ss braid?
Thanks for the compliments!

The roll over vent came with the fuel pump hanger which i got from Tanks Inc. I also got the Walbro pump and level sender from them as well. If i was going to do it again i would either find a pump hanger that was a little higher quality or build my own. I am sure that it will work fine but the flange part that mounts down to the tank is a little thin and flimsy and the lines are just soldered in to it.

I have never used the Russell SS stuff before but i have heard horror stories about it. The proclassic hose is just rubber hose with a fabric braid around it. It will not rub on the frame or other painted surfaces and take paint off. It will fray if you are not careful when you cut it. I wrapped teflon tape around where i was going to make the cut and then i cut through the center of the teflon tape with what i call "reed" cutters. Then took the rest off the teflon tape back off of the hose and installed the ends. The reason i used teflon tape is because it is not sticky so when i pulled it back off it would not unravel the fabric braid. I hope that this makes sense.
2021 GMC 2500HD Duramax AT4

My "It's a Jimmy Thing" Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=583528
Budget Build 1985 K20
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=801565
JJH Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote