View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 08:41 PM   #111
RodsGreen10

Re: 1976 Square "Simple Green"

Now about the old motor. Well I got the truck to drive show it off and run around with the fam. My lil boy loves the truck but wants it to be red lol. That won't happen. So when I got the truck it had 95k on it. I drove it changed the oil every 500 miles cause under the valve covers didn't look that great some oil sludge buildup. Well one day at linch I dove it out to get a burger and while sitting in line I heard the motor go knock knock. Trust me I didn't want to answer. So at the 105,578 mark the motor let go. It was a sad day that day but everything happens for a reason. And to be honest this sounds bad I am sure glad it did. Cause that motivated me to get a motor with over 550hp. 565 to be exact on the Dyno. My new race motor hahaha. Is balanced and blueprinted 385 stroker. I wanted to be diff so I didn't get a 383 like most. So with all the lighter parts of the motor it raised the front end up a .5" so that is why I got another lowering kit. Got the CPP new style drop spindles 2.5" and the CPP 3" lowering coils CPP flip kit. And front and rear Doetsch Schocks. So now I have a Belltech losing kit going to be taking space in the garage.
Here is my new motor I will post up a few pics.
Attached Images

RodsGreen10 is offline   Reply With Quote