View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 06:51 PM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Re: Vintage picture thread

Good idea for a thread. I worked out of this '78 Scottsdale Camper Special in the mid-80s. It was a 454/4spd. Had the wood bed floor. I never liked running boards. It had the extruded ones on it when I bought it, took them off. Painted the tool boxes and pinstriped to match truck. I had polished aluminum diamond plate bent for walking on top of boxes. I was doing new construction and even though I keep it on the street (unlike my 4wds), back then the roads would get mud covered. Boy things have changed. Anyway, mud was getting painted on the side ever day at times, so I put diamond plate running boards on using the same holes. Oh well, it was a work truck.

The second picture is when I bought it. I had just put the chrome step bumper on
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~