View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 06:46 PM   #119
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

got it on, still have to line the cab up on the mounts and square it, there is a lot of room in the passenger fender haha. the front is being held up slightly by the air scoop pan, I should be able to just give a couple technical taps with my sledge, rather than cutting it out and boxing it back. steering lines line out good too. I am super happy with how this is coming.

IMG_8122 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_8124 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_8126 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_8127 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_8128 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

while I had the welder out I zapped that crack in the fender.

IMG_8131 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

got the bed floor cut to fit inside the original bed, now I just need to cut the original bed down. thinking of 2 cuts, so the stakes line up.

IMG_8130 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I needed to put a brace on the pedal mounts, it was plenty strong from the cantilever on the left, and the brake booster on the forward side, but with the column in you could deflect it down on the right side. I drilled two holes in the top of the cowl and made it a stressed member with a bracket going up to it.

IMG_8132 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_8133 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I know that weld looks like a booger weld but its not, there was a through hole there and I filled it like a spot weld.

got the seat in the right spot so it goes to the upholstery shop tomorrow. I have had this vinyl on the shelf forever without a project to use it on, its a metallic black fabric that I think will be perfect.

IMG_8135 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_8137 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

windshield glass is ordered and on the way. I am ordering steering components right now. tomorrow I will take advantage of the weather and shorten the bed, and then maybe get the doors apart for the latches rebuild. maybe running this weekend?

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote