View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 08:05 PM   #41
C/10 King

Re: Patina, patina, patina.....70' swb

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_al_71 View Post
These trucks just find you.....?Here i have been looking for another one and keep finding junkers..Congrats!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepertruck72 View Post
No..... The C/10 King would never do that Nice score on another shorty
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70-Shorty View Post
it looks like it was a twin to mine before my Dad wrecked it (long ago). Mine is a 70 first sold in june of 70...it was medium olive with (i think) the same interior and 350/350 combo. My dad bought it new from Giant Chevrolet in Visalia.

You sure are the man when it comes to sniffing out these jewels...
Tim
Thanks guys, I think you'll like what I have in store for this gem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Yeah...dull,like the rest of the truck. If you can't find crusty old ones maybe you can dump battery acid on 'em or something that likes to eat metal. Maybe bead blast. There's an art to patina. So elegant in a crusty way

Another idea would be dull driver quality wheel covers with whitewalls. But,I suggest leaving the tires somewhere dogs will pee on them so they'll uh...yellow. HEY! I said there's an art to patina,didn't I??
Quote:
Originally Posted by xb9rguy View Post
You can leave it in my yard i'm sure my dogs would gladly take care of that for you I will even make sure it gets driven
I've been searchin' my yard and the only thing I can find with dog piss are slotted mags or rallies, let me see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
Nice score cant wait to see what you do with it..... Looks like I need to look through my box o parts Im sure I have a few sets of super rare bullseye reverse lights hahahhahhaha
1971 Short Fleet
1970 Jimmy Custom 2 WD "Golden Ticket"
1972 Blazer 2 WD "Retro Blaze"
C/10 King is offline   Reply With Quote