View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 08:59 PM   #1
chris mc bride

priming between work times

Im having to do the body work on my panel a section at the time due to time and money both are short right now.
I wondering if I can just spray epoxy primer on each section as I finish repairs and then when all are done I can shoot another coat of epoxy over whole truck after sanding to remove any contminents that might have gotten on truck in mean time. I figure then I can do cpl coats of high build preimer and blcok entire truck And blocksand before spraying sealer coats.Oh yea the body filler between those two steps,sorry brain fart. hopefully it will be very little of it anyway so far the cpl panels I have repaired finished out very smooth. Then again Im probaly spending 3 times the time you pros would have to.
So if theres problem with game plan let me know your thoughts so I can avoid major FU's if possible. Doing full body off restro for first is probaly being little over gutsy,but then my second engine I built was blown injected 526 hemi making over 2500 hp. Can't say Im affraid to jump in full bore,hopefully smart enough to get all advice I can along the way.
chris mc bride is offline   Reply With Quote