Old 01-13-2023, 10:22 AM   #11
-Dan-

Re: Stance / ride height

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyLikeaBurger View Post
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD2020 View Post
I would say it's 6" drop from stock, front and back.

Mine has 6" in the front and 4" in the back
Good place to start. Thanks

[quote=mr48chev;9165724]As greasylikeaburger said Sid is Sid Drapel who owns Dropped Axle company in Oklahoma and is the go to shop to properly drop a Chevy truck I beam axle.

That is if you want to stick with leaf springs and an I beam axle.

They aren't cheap but If I wanted an MII front end I would seriously look at the front end from TCI that has upright mounts for the upper control arms that in turn use shims for caster/camber adjustments rather than the slots that duplicate a stock MII front end like a lot of companies sell.

Lot of choices out there.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped53 View Post
The ride height on my truck looks pretty similar to the pic in the original post. It's about a beer can high at the front of the running boards. My truck is on an Art Morrison GT Sport Chassis. Kinda pricy as a lump-sum touch, but I wrecked my original frame back in high school trying to graft on a front section from a '68 Olds. It ended up wayyy too wide.

The AM chassis rides like a dream and really accelerated the timeline on my build. Since the truck had been waiting 40 years for me to finally finish it, I figured a little help from the experts at AM was more than worth it.

Good luck with your build.
The chop and the stance looks just right! Nice truck.
The AM is way out of my budget. TCI and others will be what I end up with.
-Dan- is offline   Reply With Quote