View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 05:09 PM   #131
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

The wife and daughters are back home now, so I have a camera again. The big downer though is that my oldest daughter had surgery to replace her ACL in her left knee. Kind of puts a crimp in our spare time, but I did get a couple hours in on the Jimmy. I managed to figure out a way to get the gas tank out. I used a 3/4" drill bit and drilled out the retainers inside the bed area. Not as easy as it sounds. The Jimmy is parked behind a guys barn and electricity is a ways away. I got my longest cords and ran power out there for my drill. I couldn't use my cordless drill because it will only go to 3/8" bits.

Heres the tank:

Heres the rust holes:

I just bought some new tubing for the fill line and some vents, etc. $22.

Here's the engine compartment, mostly refurbished wiring harness installed. I think the only thing left under the hood is to put in the vacuum lines.

Now under the dash is another story. I'm hesitant to hook up the battery until I isolate the hot wires under here:

Hows this for electrical genius, a hidden switch for the starter, it was under the dash by the glove box. State of the art security:

And then there is the lighted ash tray:
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote