View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 12:48 AM   #221
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

Re: 1950 Chevy 3600 - Bumper Punchin'

That same weekend my brother came down to help get the motor taken care of. he did the hard part of getting the timing chain right (it was a pita to get the new crank gear on even with the installer) and matt and I finished it up this week. Now it sits in it's final resting place between the frame rails. The trans mount is also done and bolted in. just not pictured.

So after breaking down the rear, bob did the final welds on the rear end and i took the cross member to a friends and stick welded it together. Once the truck is a roller, I plan to trailer it out there and do some more stick welding on some of the more important welds.

anyways, here's where we ended up after putting things back together... for the first time...

I'm not sure if you can see in that shot, but the front bridge X member would hit the upper bars, so it had to go. The rear member also hits, but i have not replace it yet. We also came up with a pretty good plan for supporting the 4-link cross member. I'm happy with it and will be happier once it's finish welded and cleaned up.

So that's it for this week. This weekend is going to start out with a swap meet on friday to see if i can find my remaining parts, and should see the rear end all buttoned up, and the start of the air lines and wiring harness install. Depending on how it goes, I may drag the clip in and get it bolted on. Maybe even the bed. Need to get the shock towers done first though.

Last edited by IvelDesigns; 05-01-2009 at 12:49 AM.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote