View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 04:30 PM   #16
trailwart

Re: 99 Yukon 4x4 5.7 with 1345 engine code

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange66fleet View Post
Ok I just went outside to see if I could see the timing marks on the balancer and the timing cover and I did not see anything with all the pulleys, belt and ect. on. This is going to be more dificult with everyting in the way. I am going to atempt pulling the dist. this weekend. I have a question regarding the cap and rotor, can the rotor or cap or both together produce the 1345 code if they are bad.

just to let you know, you can and will get the code with no faulty parts if the dizzy has been truned or pulled. you need to do a crank relearn/ correlation for it to dissapear. once that has been done, if the light continues to come on then there could be a faulty part. without having a tool to read live data to know exactly what the sensors are reading and what the exact timing is, could be a costly process. most tuffy and small shops do the relearn for 40$-100$. o degrees+-2 is what you need, anything more off than that will set the code. with enough attempts with the code clearer you have with very small turns on the dizzy, you might hit the sweet spot to get it to stay off. if the truck is running, then your close, ive never seen a vortec run being 1 tooth off.

1999 suburban 4x4

1982 chevrolet S-10 V-8 (Thanks uncle EARL)
trailwart is offline   Reply With Quote