Thread: 72 k20 project
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 05:50 PM   #1286
ryanroo

Re: 72 k20 project

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985-GMC View Post
Ok cool yeah that wouldn't work here in the hill country, I didn't know they made a taller ball. I looked at one of the balls sitting here and it'd have room for a hole to be drilled an inch lower.
its probably not worth looking at here either. the condition of the roads, and my desire not to have to worry about dumb crap like that will dictate that it be correct. i cant think it will work with the normal height ball. i still have to check though... haha i looked at driling the ball, but that puts the entire pin weight on that cross pin. the ball sits on the hitch structure and the pin just keeps the thing in there as it is. i was just going to buy some material and make one out of 4140. price the material and figure the cost in trade for having the machinist buddy CNC it for me, shipping etc. and the B&W is smarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BT 56 View Post
Looks good. Where are the saftey chains going to go ? Here with that type of hitch you have to have chains fastened to the floor beside it. Keep up the good work
well, as it turns out, the mounting locations in the B&W hitch make it such that i can bring the hooks up through the bed strips. it is required that the trailer have a safety chain in CO also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbclassix View Post
That's not the case for every state down here... but if he has to in CO (I can't remember if it's law even though I'm from there) you can bet with this build it will be over kill and bad arse
haha. it should look good, but it wont be to crazy. since the hooks can easily be in the bed strips it will make the install easy and clean.

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote