View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 11:06 AM   #11
shifty
Questionable

Re: COVID-19 one of ours....

Glad to hear he pulled through. We saw it earlier, back when people were still avoiding masks because COVID was a "liberal hoax" or a "basic flu". I guess I can't blame folks, we had major media outlets sending that message, and that caused people to spread that idea all over social media. Seems like social media's doing a kick-ass job of turning this country into science-and-medicine-hating-tinfoil-hat-wearing folks. Too bad the powers that be chose to weaponize social media to divide us instead of uniting us.

So far, we've lost two relatives (aunt, uncle). Two good friends of mine in NYC lost parents early, these guys grew up together, one of their mothers and one of their fathers were in the same nursing home where 40-50%+ of the residents got infected. Then one of the guys lost his remaining father after to COVID. A guy my wife works with lost his aunt who lived in Queens, NY. To date, we probably know 15-20 people who've died and last figure I saw put the number of deaths at 1 for every 2,000 Americans dead now. Basically like we've had a 9/11 every day for more than 50 days straight.

I hope eventually we can take it seriously, but as of last week, I had another one of my high school buddies get attacked for wearing a mask down in FL. I just don't get it.

I know a lot of us are getting older, so I naturally worry. I hope y'all stay safe and healthy, and your families and friends do the same.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote