Thread: 28 Model A
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 02:23 AM   #94
Desperado454

Re: 28 Model A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Man, so much awesomeness in those posts. The exhaust, and the trim rings with lights is genius! That looks awesome. I really dig the exhaust routing. I may have to steal that idea. I will have limited room too like you had on the LH side. The overflow tank is awesome! Too bad about the dent. Cake pans huh? That is rad. It turned out great.
Thanks man! Pretty happy how the exhaust turned out, wasn't sure id be able to pull off those bezels but sometimes I surprise myself! Only downside of having the exhaust tucked up like that is the floor gets pretty hot right above where the muffler is, going to have to try and deal with that

After I got the front windshield done I figured I might as well get the back and side glass cut while i was on a roll:

Its coming down to the final stretch so now I'm just trying to add everything I can think of the pass the vehicle inspection so i can register it. So started by making up a rear bumper:

All done:

Even added a license plate light!:

Read somewhere that door panels are needed here, so i made up some quick temporary ones with some tan material i had laying around:

Picked up my new tires, they are firestone 7.50-16's for the rear and 6.00-16's for the front. Things look frickin awesome! Couple pics of the rears:

And I ended getting these for the wheels, 16x6 for the back and 16x4.5 on the front:

Hopefully be able to get them mounted early this week, just waiting on the tubes and lugnuts to show up. Couldn't help myself, had to set the bare rim on just to see how its going to look:

Been doing a couple test drives in the meantime, and surprisingly its been pretty solid. Only issue was my little flex fan wasn't moving much air so i put an electric one on the front for the meantime. It never boiled over with the flex fan but it would hit 230 and keep climbing steadily before i just shut it off. With the electric it hovers right around 180. Other than that its just been minor stuff like the hot exhaust floor and a couple small leaks. Pic of it driven out under its own power!

Warming it up before i went out for another test putt:

So close, more to come!

'28 Model A Build

-Brooks
Desperado454 is offline   Reply With Quote