View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #6
faithblinded

Re: How can I get my 1971 Chevy 4x4 to ride smoother??

I came to the thread planning to give the same answer you've already been given.

DIY4X B52 Kit and Rear Shackle Flip with some Pull a Part leafs: 52" for the front, 64" for the back
I would also add greasable bolts front and rear(6 total), and all new poly bushings. Maybe overkill for your rig, but the heavy duty rear shackles they make are pretty sexy too.

This is exactly what I'm planning for my Suburban, when I can afford all the parts. I already bought a set of leaf spring plates and u-bolts for my rear from DIY4X, and man are they beef! You really can't go wrong with their gear.

Once you've upgraded your springs, you are left with shock absorber choices. Some of the adjustable units might be what you want, so you can dial in the level of softness you want. I dont have any experience with any high end shocks like that though, so cant make any specific recommendations. I am running Rancho rs5000's on my Suburban, and I ran Bilstien HD's on my last 4x4 rig(a trailblazer). I prefered the feel of the bilsteins, and I wish I had got them for my Burb. Next time...

Let us know what you decide to do to your truck.

Peace
Ken in Cleveland
faithblinded is offline   Reply With Quote