View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 10:39 PM   #25
Dan in Pasadena

Re: WARNING: RANT! #!*%’g Aftermarket Side Windows & Wings

Well guys, all the “trial fitting” advice is nice but years too late.

Why didn’t I do that earlier? The windows are the only non-original things going back in the original place. And frankly, when I took it apart, chrome window frames were the last thing on my mind. So, water under the bridge.

I bought new repops at The Truck Shop today ($$$) and compared them to what I have and though I have not yet tried to install them, I doubt the fit will be all that much better. IF that turns out to be true I’ll have to move the mounting tabs on the ones I already have or have someone more familiar with this do this.

One last iron-in-the-fire is I am attempting to find my originals that I gave away. It is a long shot, but trying.

Last, the paint will be sanded and reshot by the painter along with a rear fender he scratched and a tiny chip in the middle of my passenger door fixed because my lawn mower threw a pebble at it - UGH!

If I attempt this fix myself it’ll be a fiddly-jiggly job trying to position the wing assembly, side window AND accurately mark the revised locations for the mounting tabs all at the same time!

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 03-07-2018 at 10:48 PM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote