View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #182
terd ferguson

Re: How about some pics of 47-59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames97 View Post
Here is one that is sitting up at my wifes family ranch. They call it the fencing pickup. It was used to haul fencing material, now it just holds it.
It has a 283 out of an Impala. The original 6 is laying on the ground about 5 feet away. My father inlaw and his brothers put the 283 in it when they were in high school. I told him I could give it a good home. Although I have alot of other projects. I still want it.

Although it has a 57 grill and hood, I think it is a 56. I say this because the vin goes something like this 3A560018051. Also the 3100 above the body line, and the steering wheel is the flatter version found in 55-56. I haven't found a good site to decode the vin yet.
I think it would be fun to just modernize the running gear and leave it alone.
The cab maybe to far gone to fix up. The rust in the usual places, but the top of the cab on the inside around the windshield is pretty bad.

The VIN says this:
1/2 ton 3100, 1956, Oakland assembly plant, production #18,051. At least that's what I get from the LMC catalog ID section.

I'd love to have that front bumper. That is cool!

1955 2nd Series Chevy "King Of Trucks"
terd ferguson is offline   Reply With Quote