View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 06:12 PM   #1
Ironhorse

'05 & '06 4x4 Tahoes - Where Are They ?

Wife and I have a '99 Tahoe 4x4 LS 5.7L with cloth interior, 182K on the clock. Been a pretty good ride, have had it 10 years come this Dec. Bought it used with 66K on the clock. Since owning it have done the fuel spider replace, replaced the intake gasket and converted to the "green stuff" anti-freeze. Replaced cat. converter, trans mission hard shift 2nd to 3rd fixed and new compressor and service on the A/C. Usual batteries and tires. This in ten years time so guess not too bad considering. Really like it since it still has the manually shifted transfer lever instead of the push button on the dash. That and it has a biggie for us a----"CLOTH INTERIOR" !! Why does everything now days HAVE to have leather. Don't like it, don't want it !! Never have seen decent leather sets with 100K plus miles that aren't cracked out like a road map !!

Have been looking for maybe 8 month to a year for a decent low mileage '05 or '06 Tahoe 4x4. Local dealerships and craigs list both locally and within 250/300 miles. Nothing unless it has 180-220K miles. Why trade up years for vehicle with same mileage we have now on our '99. Don't want a '07 or newer because GM in it's wisdom (insert heavy sarcasm) decided that the rear seats don't need to fold flat anymore, just roll it up against the front seat back. Sometimes use the Tahoe for swap meets and that means can't put a 6' table in the cargo area anymore.

Sorry for the long rant but really having a hard time finding what we want in a vehicle and these newer vehicles just have way too much in the bells and whistles dept and aren't user friendly in their designs. What happened to actually being able to haul something? I sure miss my ol' '91 RV style 4x4 Suburban.

Okay, rant off now
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote