View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #6
eric28miller

Re: 89 crew cab k20 4wd twin turbo cummins swap

Finished motor!

Compound turbo kit is a massive S474 over a phatshaft 62 from industrial injection with a 3 piece manifold. I went with this kit because it's supposed to , as they told me, spool like a mother fuc**er and it looks like it would fit perfect in the c/k body with the large turbo up in front rather then down under the smaller turbo.

The whole truck will be painted chevy volt pearl white. I painted the engine red because it's cummins national color and it came from a CaseIH and it just looks awsome! I picked up the p-pump from a pullin truck that was gettin upgraded to a 13mm, so it already has all the goodies. The original AG pump wouldn't work because it didn't have an automotive governor. The old lines were mangled so i got .093 stainless lines to give it some lope. The injectors are SAC 7x14's should be plenty to fuel the turbos. I am building a little motor to connect to the manual fuel plate so i can adjust it on the fly inside the truck so it will be streetable since it will be my everyday driver. I put an adjustable timing gear on the injection pump to help tune things in easier with a custom made billet cover.
I polished all the chrome work myself, just took it to a guy i know to have it all dipped. It's very cheap if its prepped and ready to be plated. The clutch is a south bend stage 2 which will be bolted to the dodge nv4500 with a billet 1 3/8"'s input shaft and a 1st gen reman dodge 205 with extreme duty bearings and chevy outputs. I'll get pics of it up later.
As for the internals the cylinders have been bored 40 over and fitted with oversized low compression marine pistons. All new bottom end bearings and main and rods bolted together with ARP bolts and studs held together with a girdle. I sent the head out for fire ringing, 60lbs valve springs and titanium retainers and keepers.
Here you can see where the old motor mounts broke off the block when the sprayer was struck by the train, lucky for me i don't need those holes. You can see the article of the accident here: http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/3191126.html
eric28miller is offline   Reply With Quote