View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 10:21 AM   #12
MARTINSR

Re: Emblem install help paint problems

Let me make something perfectly clear, you could put a friggin fender on with todays two sided tape and that is NOT an exaggeration!

The thing is the substrate it's going on would need to be as strong as the tape. So peeling paint is not an option to stick it on! The paint on that fender where she is holding the measuring tape doesn't look very good! A big emblem like that may not hang on simply because of the paint failing, NOT the tape.

Besides, it really depends on the backside of the emblem, if it has a big recess in it, how can tape be applied? There are lots of old emblems that simply couldn't be taped on because of the recess in the back, it's not solid 3/8"-1/2" thick pot metal, it's hollowed out and thus can't be taped on.

But I think this is all a moot point being the holes are sitting right there! Knock the bondo out with a friggin ball point pen and bolt the emblem on as it was a the factory and roll down the road with a smile on your face.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote