View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 04:09 PM   #84
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Thanks man!!

I have gotten a few more things done lately. I figured out where my windshield washer reservoir needed to be located. I had some room left under the passenger battery tray, behind the headlight. I had a time trying to find a reservoir to fit in the allotted space and finally ended up with another '91 V3500 part. It fit the space great and met the requirements of having an integral electric pump. I got the reservoir and every other component, so I can get rid of the metal nozzles and go with wet arms. Just FYI, if anyone is thinking of trying this, the wiper arms from the later-body trucks are too long for these trucks.

In addition to three underdash/floor lamps, I also added a rear view mirror from a '93 S10. It has the two lamps that come on with the door jamb switches and stay on for 15 seconds or the key is turned to the run position (whichever comes first). I fished the wires up the "A" pillar and then across the panel above the windshield. I thought fishing wires up the "A" pillar was a ***** until I started fishing them across the panel above the windshield. Man, did that ever bring the suck. I finally succeeded and it is a pretty cool feature. The pic makes the wires look like they are hap-hazardly routed, but in real-life they look pretty clean.

I also figured out where my auxilliary (tach, EGT, and boost) gauges have to go. I wanted them in front of me, but with the way they did the defroster ducts, it would have left me with no defrost on my side. I had to put them to the right of the defrost duct, partially covering the speaker grille in the dash. Unfortuantely, I will not be able to run center speakers now, but oh well.

As of now, I have performed functional electrical tests and after taking care of a couple glitches, everything operates as intended.

It's getting close, real close.....