View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #19
mattfranklin

Re: PROJECT: How would a Chevrolet dealer build a shop truck in the early 1970s?

And here are a few more...
The NAPA guy said these "high temperature" gaskets were probably the right ones, although they had thicker ones as an option, too.

Cool 1970 vintage stock valve covers for the LT-1 in the Z28 and Corvette (cooler looking and absolutely necessary because the fuel lines would not clear the Moroso sky-scraper tall-deck ones).

Nice shot of the fuel lines and brass block (ordered separately), playing nice with surrounding parts. NOTE: There is a proper direction for the L-shaped tubes. The direction that puts their centerline spacing closer together and puts the brass block further from the carb worked best for me. EDIT: In looking at my pictures I see I'm missing one that shows the fuel line support bracket installed. It screws to the rear passenger side carb mounting stud and the other end wraps around the rear L-shaped tube and is fastened to itself with a hex-head sheet-metal screw. I'll see if I can put up a pic in later postings.

One more shot of the fuel line showing it routed *behind* the water pump. I believe the Corvette puts its line to the side of the water pump, so that's a difference between the Corvette and Z28 parts.

In other good news, it looks like the Weiand "Stealth" 8016 is nearly a drop-in replacement for the rare, expensive, fragile LT-1 intake. It seems like it has a reasonably-close-to-correct carb flange height and has the same divorced choke coil/thermostat mounting shape. Most if not all aftermarket intakes do not have that style of mounting for the divorced choke. And on eBay they are about a quarter of the price of a good 3972110 intake. More of a back-burner issue for now.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=567340

Last edited by mattfranklin; 12-19-2013 at 01:28 PM.
mattfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote