View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 09:31 PM   #18
jpstaub

Re: LS 5.3 is finally sitting in the Jimmy!!!

"I hope to get a few things on the list done each week after work and a big thing or two on the weekend. I hope to hear it run in 6-8 weeks but that is not set in stone. It is running and driveable. My heater core is leaking and I have a lean bank 1 DTC I am struggling with"

Did you manage to figure out the lean bank 1 DTC (was it P0171 by chance?)? I'm having the same problem with my swap. I've replaced the intake manifold gaskets and tightened up the exhaust system to eliminate audible leaks to no avail. When I clear the code out it stays away for a while then eventually comes back. Bank 1 O2 sensor looks good while I'm driving down the road. The last time I checked it at idle it wasn't acting the same as Bank 2. I've swapped the Bank 1 O2 sensor out and the behavior is the same suggesting the sensor itself is good. Any input would be appreciated. Note: I put a mild cam in the engine and it looks like the computer is compensating by raising fuel trims in Bank 1 and 2. For some reason, Bank 1 is broaching the DTC threshold for trim (around 23%) forcing a P0171.

Best wishes,
Jake
jpstaub is offline   Reply With Quote