View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 01:06 PM   #17
SlowGreen71

Re: Another ls swap from a new guy

I did a little horse trading and picked up a rebuilt np205. It's been sitting in a shed for a number of years. Needs cleaned up and painted but will be a good replacement for my leaky and very noisy stock case. I did a little dry fitment of the trans and t case along with the spacers from advance. I needed to cut off 3/8" of the tailshaft and it all slid together nicely. Once I got the trans assembly bolts back in to place I dropped in the mock up block I got from a friend of a friend. Sure makes things easier to position and check fitment. I used the stock holes for the rear crossmember and with the spacers it placed the back of the engine about 6 inches from the fire wall. Pan clears the front 3rd member. So far this placement looks like I will be able to use the stock a/c bracket and compressor. Although the fittings will be very tight I think it's doable. Headers from speed engineering are tight to the starter and I may need to trim an ear from the bell housing. All in all it sits nicely. Within a couple degrees of angle as it was in the yukon. Sorry for the crappy pics, but you get the idea. I'll have a couple hours today to start working on motor mounts.
Attached Images

SlowGreen71 is offline   Reply With Quote