View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 09:00 PM   #72
Bennett68C10

Re: The Family Truckster- 66 Suburban Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by shearjs View Post
Oh yea! What are the specs on the LS you're throwing in? I can't recall what all you had planned for your truck. I really need to chase this lead on a 6.0/4l80e that I have before it gets away. Those wheels look great!
The motor is a stock LQ9 that currently has a Tick Motorsport SNS Torquemax Stage 2 LS2 cam in it with .660 lift BTR double springs and titanium retainers, hardened pushrods and BTR roller trunion upgrade. Also running a LS6 intake and ported throttle body! Thinking about going to a little milder cam as this one was purchased for a lighter 68 Shortbed and not the family truckster and requires at least a 3600 converter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
You should not need to pull the steering shaft to remove the inner fender panel. There is a small panel bolted to the inner fender where the shaft goes thru the panel. That small on can be in-bolted and removed, it leaves an opening in the rear edge of the inner panel and can then be removed from the truck with the column and shaft in place.

The blue arrow in the picture shows the slot left from removing the smaller panel that covers the steering shaft as it passes thru the panel.
Boy now I feel like an idiot, shows it’s my first time working on a 60-66 and how tired I was on Sunday. Can’t believe I didn’t realize that! I even looked at it and told myself that it should be able to be unbolted! Oh well the shaft has to come out anyways but would be easier with the inner fender out of the way!

66 Suburban

Burb Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751361

IG: bennett68c10
Bennett68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote