View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 03:42 PM   #76
jimmythompson1964

Re: 1964 SWB Step Side Chop Top

Pulled the bumper off of my 62 and freshen her up and got it on Wild Thang...pulled off that ugly thing that was on when I got her. For those of you who really know these trucks you probably know where I am going with this. I loaded the number in the truck and dropped it off at the sand blaster to remove the 50+ years of rust and paint. When I picked up of course some sanding dolling and body work and it was ready for a test fit, my plan was to pull a page from Chip Foode’s book and narrow the bumper so it would fit a little closer to the fenders on the side. WELL SHOOT the bolt pattern is different on a 62 vs a 66. That really put a hitch in my giddy-up, so I had to take a break and beat myself up for not test fitting before I spent all of that money on it...oh well to far into it to stop now. So I got a piece off brass put on the back of the bumper mounting hole and welded them up ground them back down smooth and refit the bumper marked and drilled new holes (I looks into the tool to punch the square holes $450.00 no thank you) mounted the bumper marked it and cut it in half welded back together. A little grinding and body work and it looks pretty good, but way to much work for a painted bumper...lol
Attached Images

Last edited by jimmythompson1964; 05-08-2018 at 09:29 PM.
jimmythompson1964 is offline   Reply With Quote