View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 10:52 AM   #88
jimmythompson1964

Talking Re: 1964 SWB Step Side Chop Top

I bought a hood about 7 years ago that looks great no rust or dents, the guy said it flew up and bent the rear brace where it mounts to the hinges. So now that I have my truck apart I finally took on this challenge to change out that brace. It's interesting that out of 3 trucks and out of the 3 including the one I'm driving only 1 had a brace that was not bent at the hinges must be a common thing, oh well, so it was Game On. I took my time with the hood I wanted to reuse and was able to remove it without damaging the hood. The donor hood not so much, the donor brace had some rust where it mounted to the hood so I cut it out and welded in patch pieces and made it ready for install. It was even a challenge to get the hood turned over and supported with towels to keep from bending it from its own weight while working on it. I set it up on my trailer so it was out side and the rain kept me from finishing it completely but did get it put back together and clamped ready to weld. So much to do and so little time, I have only this coming weekend to complete everything and be ready for nearly 2,000 miles of Hot Rod Power Tour fun. This will be a busy week end for sure. I need 2 of me
Attached Images

jimmythompson1964 is offline   Reply With Quote