Thread: SAS question
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 08:31 AM   #7
b454rat

Re: SAS question

Sky Manufacturing is the only one that has a 6", and they offer a 3". I used ORU's kit and wasn't bad, but no adjustability and and expensive as hell now. I now have DIY4X's kit, and tho it isn't on yet, already know it's a better designed kit. 4 positions to locate the axle, 100% bolt on, and beefy!!!! Not gonna break, bend or mangle this kit. With the fabworks kit, I don't see any difference where their kit is any different making it lower. The biggest concern is the crossmember. I used 4" springs and had to notch the bottom. Going with minimal lift that crossmember will have to be completely cut out and another one put in place. Not a big deal if you have a plasma or torchs, it can be done with motor in the truck. If I didn't already have 2 sets of 38s for my truck I would try to get a low SAS out of it. I think these trucks look just as good SAS'd with big tires as SAS'd with 33-ish tire.

http://image.4wheeloffroad.com/f/405...chevy_1500.jpg

This is the lowest I've seen without major work. Not bad, but I'm not a fan of skinny tires, only time being winter use. But I can't find how this is different than any other SAS other than stock springs.
b454rat is offline   Reply With Quote