Thread: 24v Questions
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 09:05 PM   #44
notchbackgta

Re: 24v Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Which p pump do you have? Usually a used p pump kit goes for $1200-$1800 depending on the pump, and if you have the dodge throttle assembly and FSS. I would do the spacers if doing it over again. On injectors, I know a guy who can get you those. What kind of power are you after? Yes, the VE gear is keyed, and it has 3 different letters on the gear as to where the timing can be placed. Each letter is for a different application and it can effect performance. Here is a thread talking about where they are on a 1990.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/89...rive-gear.html
I don't have a pump yet, I just got 7k so I can buy a 94-98 dodge truck with a p-pump and part it out, since I want to try to use the radiator, CAC, tubing, exhaust etc and try to get the engine as "cheap" as possible after I sell everything I can. Probably going to drive it for a few months first since my 69 pickup frame ripped the PHB mount off and I need a truck to be a truck for a short while. The Cummins will go in my 69 suburban though.

As far as injectors and whatnot, I'm just looking for basically stock VE, I may turn the power screw in a bit, but that would be it. I would rather go for mileage since I won't tow much with it. If you have a connection I am interested. I was probably going to go with THD fuel pin and the rod end linkage, so I was going to buy injectors through them, new stock Bosch, they seem like a decent price. I wasn't sure whether I needed nozzles in addition to the injectors though.

OK, I am glad the gear is keyed, I didn't want to have to go through the process of trying to find the lift points with a dial indicator.
notchbackgta is offline   Reply With Quote