View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 11:29 PM   #13
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: 650-1000hp goals? Need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod 80 View Post
So ford ecoboost trucks fail when towing ? Weird way of looking at things . you can make poer with a low boost and the long block doesn't even know there is a turbo until you force boost . Oh .... and my low boost Ford has 302K on it .
An Ecoboost F150 is not a boosted LS motor. Running an intake and port design, a fueling system, and an ECM all designed to operate an EPA-compliant boosted engine will get you that.... but a boosted 4.8 has NONE of that. And honestly, every ecoboost F150 we've ever brought in benefited from a 91 octane tune. More power, more boost on safer fueling margins, tighter fuel trims in general, lower charge temps, and overall reduced kr and burst knock on logs across the board when towing.

Can you make a truck run on it? Sure, its fuel and its a motor. But you will either end up running it rich as hell to keep knock in check under boost, or end up keeping your boost at almost-not-worth-it levels. If you want to run methanol or something to keep it in check, great. Heck, you can probably go no-IC and JUST run methanol if your really content on ultra low boost. At least that buffers your Kr resistance.

Get grumpy, wants to redirect

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD

Last edited by BR3W CITY; 09-21-2017 at 01:51 PM.
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote