View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 08:28 PM   #12
Kawabuggy

Re: Help Me Choose Correct P/S Box

Okay, just to follow up with what I ended up doing.. I bought a remanufactured P/S box for a 1985 Chevrolet Silverado. It DOES bolt right in. Then, I realized that the rag joint, or rubber isolator mount that goes between end of steering column, and P/S box-is DIFFERENT. No problem-XL parts had the correct rag joint ($69-OUCH!) and that allowed everything to bolt together correctly. Then, for the power steering line we used-wait for it...

The pressure hose for a 1985 Chevrolet Silverado! Using this pressure hose does require cutting a hole in the inner fender. The inner fender is directly on top of the threaded ports on the box. We literally used a step type bit to keep gradually opening up the hole until the line fit through the hole, and lined up with the box. The end of this line is straight so the hose sticks straight up through the hole in the inner fender. The line is the perfect length though. Everything was a direct bolt in with no fabrication (other than cutting the hole in the inner fender).

Miracle but NO LEAKS. Has to be the first time I've done anything with a P/S system and did not have leaks after the fact.
Kawabuggy is offline   Reply With Quote