View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 07:32 AM   #36
tristan

Re: Project Checkbook - 1971 Jimmy Custom

I went over for a visit yesterday and had a look at the topless truck and the removed roof. The shop has sanded the roof down to the fiberglass to check for any issues and only found a few places that need attention. There is one fissure at the back left corner and a few other spots that need some epoxy but overall it is in very good shape. I have NOS weatherstripping for it that will go on once they have patched and repainted the top. My restoration shop specializes in Corvettes so the top is definitely in the right hands.

All of the body door and tailgate weatherstripping is out so I'm going to have the interior paint carried out to the door and tailgate edges. New exterior paint is still far in the future. I picked up the instrument panel and tilt steering column and am preparing to ship them out to board members for rebuild. As I mentioned before, the HVAC controls and ductwork are shot and I will be enriching Classic Heartbeat or GMC Paul soon for those.

Much to my relief, removing the top showed that the windshield header and the tops of the bed sides were in excellent condition. Rust repair is now behind me.
Attached Images

tristan is offline   Reply With Quote