View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 01:34 PM   #57
tristan

Re: Project Checkbook - 1971 Jimmy Custom

Thanks Warbucket, I am following your lead both on the Raptor base coat on the exterior as well as the GM 40-A white on both the inside and outside of the top.

I had a visitation today to see progress on the paint on the doors as well as progress on the small interior and exterior parts. I have another shopping list for the HVAC ductwork, radio, cowl and front corner panel seals.

Here are some pictures of the small stuff. Thank God my carpet strips, side panel retainer strips and door panel retainer strips are in great shape and just need buffing out. They have a little rust on the back side as they all do but are not bent, dented or rusty on the exposed side. The door sill plates are punky and I will most likely buy repops since they are available unlike the other interior chrome parts.

The window regulators have been media blasted and will soon get a coat of primer. I picked up a replacement steering wheel off EBay that needed just a bit of TLC and its cracks have now been epoxied up. My door handles are peeling and I think I will look for NOS replacements.
Attached Images

tristan is offline   Reply With Quote