Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 11:41 AM   #536
joedoh

Re: S10 Swap how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyH View Post
Question...I've got a 48 I'm building. When I bought the cab the previous owner cut the whole floor out. I just got the cab sandblasted and about ready to start putting new cab corners and rockers on it. Toeboard is shot, so I'll replace that with 18 gauge sheetmetal. Still looking for an S-10 for my project, but I've got a 5.3 ls that I built for one of my other vehicles but decided I'm going to put it in this truck instead. Hoping to find a late 80s model S-10 so I can use the 700r4 transmission. I want to build my own floor, but does anyone know with this setup if I need a transmission hump in the floor? I'd like to keep it as flat as possible. Just want to know if I should wait to do the floor until I've got my frame and motor/transmission in place or if I can go ahead and build the cab so it's done.

there are so many different ways to set up the engine/trans mounts and body mounts that I would at least wait to build the tunnel. a good example is husseys truck, the mounts on his truck and mine were roughly the same height but he needed a much larger trans tunnel than I did.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote