View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 12:01 AM   #6744
Metaldoc

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

[QUOTE=71CHEVYSHORTBED402;8261233]Never turned an engine over before and never seen this view of an engine either. Surprisingly I was able to ID a lot of it. Anyway, getting the engine ready for paint/gaskets.

LET ME ASK, would you install a new oil pump? I've never replaced one (or seen one....ha!), though I imagine it's an easy task. The block has 40K on it and runs like a top. Ol always clear and doesn't burn. Long ago I posed the before. The consensus was don't fix what aint broke etc.....They may not have expected me to get this far. Heck, neither did I Any input appreciated.

The Morosa bag is well worth the money. Nice and thick and easy to handle. Stuffs going to be exposed awhile, because I'm painting the pan, chain cover, block and intake separately, though I may do the block and intake as a unit. Anyway, a nylon strap and some clothes pins and the block is airtight or close enough. I laid a sheet of plastic between what's exposed and the bag as well, can never be too careful[/QUOTE

Timing chain looks like it has a lot of play, might replace that as well