View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 10:40 PM   #14
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Ignition Switch Wiring - A do over

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteVet View Post
Your question about post 7 image one, Is not according to the diagram for the anti-dieseling relay. The diagram shows the pink wire running from the anti-dieseling relay to the AC switch. There are two relays in the AC circuit and the power wire is orange and it is connected to CIG terminal on the fuse panel and runs to the fan relay, then jumps over to the AD relay.
Who ever wired yours up used the IGN unfused terminal which would also work but is not according to the diagram.

Find the orange wire at the CIG and follow it up to the main relay, then jump over to the AD relay. The pink wire is right there so follow it back down to the AC heater fan switch.

Attachment 1625455

Ah.............Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, alright, I let this soak in a while and did some prep. Today I decided to include the color of each wire as I tag them, due to be colored challenged. ("Yep, that there wire is definitely brown, Ha!").

At any rate, here's how my Anti-Dieseling Relay was wired. It's worth noting, I don't recall ever having the relay, and couldn't tell you the last time the A/C worked...................

Pink: Wire from IGN. UNFUSED on the fused box runs to the Anti-Dieseling relay. This is not correct for a pink wire on the Anti-Dieseling relay. Pink is supposed to run from the Anti-Dieseling relay to the Fan Switch.

Orange: Wire runs to the Anti-Dieseling relay from the BLOWER RELAY. The orange wire to the Blower Relay is plugged into CIG at the Fuse Box for power. This is correct.

Dark Green: Wire runs from the Anti-Dieseling Relay to the A/C Compressor Switch (button). This is correct.

In other terms, seems this anti-dieseling relay had two power sources (CIG and IGN UNFUSED). Additionally, I haven't a clue how it could have been wired to the fan switch, if at all. FUN!......But I do know how to get it right. The schematics are key.

Say, am I just missing it or don't the schematics in the assembly and service manuals cover the temperature system? I'm looking for a diagram similar the one you provided, only where I can read the colors as opposed "see" them. Thank you.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote