View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 09:57 PM   #5
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: Plug and wire question

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckster View Post
Physics is pretty simple, really. An electrical spark will jump to the nearest ground, meaning that only one of those electrodes is actually doing any work. Two electrodes, three electrodes, or thirty electrodes, the physics doesn't change.
DITTO

Something from the 1976 SAdesigns book how to hotrod your small block chevy...
Quote:
From HP Books "how to hotrod small block Chevys" 1976 edition

In desperation, others have installed "guaranteed, life time, more horsepower, mileage and engine life" trick plugs. Don't bother. No one winning any races uses them - so why should you? Most of these plugs, easily identiied by the full page adds used to advertise them, appeal to the "something-for-nothing" owner who thinks that screwing in new plugs will give instant and enormous improvements in HP and mileage. We all know that this is impossible and so do you. But, Barnum was right, there IS a SUCKER born every minute.
This was written before the Splitfire fiasco so it does prove PT Barnum was 100% right, and still is. Someone will always be selling snake oil plugs that offer more performance, power and engine life. What crok!

As compression and cylinder ressure goes UP, resistance of the spark jumping the gap becomes greater. So you need a coil with higher 'punch' to force the spark across the plug gap in the extreme high pressure. A stock coil is more than enough to drive the spark across the gap in stock (street) applications.

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote