View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 12:58 PM   #1
scoot_mcgrute

1966 C10 Project Truck

Hey guys, been poking around here a little over the last couple of years. 2.5 years ago, I almost picked up a 64 shortbed stepside pickup but wound up buying another wheeler instead. This year, my girlfriend has been looking for a few months to secretly buy me a project truck that was as original as possible and something that I could teach her about cars and trucks. She didn't fully surprise me like she wanted but she found a neat little 66 shortbed stepside inline 6 3 on the tree that hadn't been messed with. Looked at it and she needs some work and rust repair but it's still pretty solid and the price was right so I loaded it on the trailer and drug it home the other night. It's still on the trailer now but here's a few pictures of it.

It needs the prior rust repair redone, it will be getting new floor pans and a driver's side rocker panel

More rust repair that will need to be redone

First order of business will be to get it up and running and driving again, won't take much! After that, we will tackle the interior and have some fun with it while tinkering. I can't wait to dive into it!