Old 12-20-2017, 10:53 AM   #9
shearjs

Re: Project: '72 Family Hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Very nice . Cute little boy too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nastety92 View Post
Looks like a nice truck to start with. How are the floors and under side of the truck?
I like that roof rack as well. What are you plans for it?

Nick
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
In! This thing is sweet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
Yup, that will make a great family hauler..... Nice score.

LockDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Great looking Burb...enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
I agree!
Thanks for tagging along. I'm pretty excited about this one and can't wait to get started! From what I can tell the floors, rockers, doors, and quarters are very solid. There's some rust on the inner fender on the passenger side below the battery. I'm sure there's some more hiding that I haven't found yet. The burb came with some old paperwork as well as the original owner's manual. It was originally sold on 11/23/71 at Charley Graham Chevrolet in Blythe, CA, and spent it's early life in Yuma, AZ. I found some other paperwork mixed in that suggests that it's been in TN since 2003-2004.

The current plan is to make sure the drivetrain is reliable enough to haul the kids around this spring/summer. I've already ordered new weatherstripping to seal up the doors, hatch, tailgate, door/vent windows. The windshield is a little cloudy around the perimeter, so I'll likely replace that soon. The PO installed a new fuel tank, 3" lowering springs in the rear, cut the coils up front, and replaced the rotors/calipers and pads. I'll likely go a little lower with drop spindles and new springs. He also had all 3 rows of seats recovered and installed new carpet over the metal floors. The wood floor has a couple soft spots, so depending how bad that really is, I may end up trying to replace it. Needs a stereo and speakers, and I'll probably get some new gauges at some point. Next winter, LS swap, and modernize the heat/ac. I'm sure there's more but we'll see how much it changes once I dive in.

Last edited by shearjs; 12-20-2017 at 10:59 AM.
shearjs is offline   Reply With Quote