View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 01:58 AM   #273
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

thanks tudor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoyagerXll View Post
I have enjoyed reading and learning from your projects that deal with S10 and AD Chevy frame swaps. I too am working on a frame swap, but not a Chevy. My project is a 1950 4X4 Willys truck going on a 2000 extended. The bad part of this story is that the S10 engine and transmission are very tired. Slipping tranny and engine guzzling oil.
I have a 1994 4X4 K1500 whose body is nearly rusted off. The engine and the transmission were replaced 8 years ago. The engine and transmission now have less than 40,000 miles. My question for you is. Will the engine mounts from the 2000 4.3 work on the 1994 4.3? I assume they will, but there are times when knowledge is better than assumptions. The 1994 is used very little so I am hoping that this is a doable swap. I plan on using the 1994 electronics

Keep up the good work, I look forward to each new page you post.

Stan from Nebraska

they will work, but 2000 mounts are clamshells and I have a bit of a runniing joke with jim about how all the clamshells I take off are already broken.

the std anchor (brand) mounts for 60s/70s v8 cars work fine on the 4.3, bolt right up, cost about 10 bucks each local and half that ordered in, but you will need new frame side mounts. I just say 70 chevelle with a v8 and they get the right ones.

I havent done a willys but I will bet you will need to move the motor back about 8-10 inches so you will need new frame side mounts anyway. I bolt up a jig with 1/2" black pipe (7/16 bolt fits in it) set 16.25" apart, hang it in the right spot and then build/weld the legs on, the motor will bolt right up.

thanks for the kind words! good luck! nebraska isnt that far, in fact I got the fenders for this truck from a nice guy in nebraska!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote