View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 12:16 PM   #1
Steven R

epoxy prime over bondo, thoughts?

I was not sure how long my project was going to take between steps and so we decided to epoxy prime the panels after repairing the rust and striping them down to bare metal. I have slowly taking each panel and started the bondo work getting them straight as I can. For the most part I have remove all the epoxy from the areas that had issues so the bondo could then be direct to metal. Then I blocked and scuffed the hole panel inside and out. Then Skimmed the face of the panels with a final coat bondo and blocked down. Some panels are ready for high build primer. I have alot of the epoxy primer left and could easily paint the panels with a coat of epoxy primer with the paint gun I have.

Is this a bad Idea?

I would like to get them with epoxy primer as there as a few spots on each panel with bare metal.

I could get some high build primer, but I do not have the paint, or the right spray gun for this. I am just thinking and want to know Is there an issue with re coating over the bondo with epoxy primer, then In a year when I get to the next stage have the painter scuff the panels and then do like 2-3 coats of high build at that time. With my recent loss of employment I seem- to have time but not the extra cash to buy more paint ect.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote