View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 01:51 AM   #1
Super_Dave

OMNI vs. DELTRON Advice

My project truck is finally getting back on track. It's primed and everything that needs paint, is ready. I say "everything that needs paint" because I was able to locate another truck project (PO passed away) that had all new parts - already painted black - that were the exact parts I need to do body work to on mine. . . so all I need to squirt is the cab, front fenders and doors.

The guy I bought the parts from, has a car collection (see my thread) and he and his brother build cars for a hobby. I got them to agree to take my truck and swap parts and do the body and paint for a price I can't mention here.

They emailed me that they are ready to go to paint. They had the paint computer matched off the new parts I bought and sent me a photo of my choices.

1. Omni is $179 a gallon
2. Deltron is $728 a gallon

I need on gallon to finish off the truck. When finished, and for the foreseeable future, the truck will be outside until we either reduce vehicles or move somewhere that I have more room indoors.

I am not well versed in body and paint to make the call on these. I have read that Omni, though less costly, is a "decent" product, especially if you clear coat with a high quality clear.

A handful of opinions have called Omni "junk." Opinions are like bellybuttons; "everybody has one." I'm interested in knowledgeable opinions. A $549 spread gets my attention.

The Omni on the left (JACK BLACK) is what the computer match came up with initially. The Deltron came up as an alternative (Budget vs. Top Line I guess). Will Omni, with a high quality Clear, be a good combination for an outdoor truck, or is Omni crap and am I throwing money down a rat hole?

Sorry for the fuzzy photo. . . attachment was automatically resized. PM me and I can send the image to you if you prefer.
Attached Images

"Life is tough - wear a cup!"
"Old Enough to Know Better - Too Young to Resist"
"Junk is something you will need three weeks after you throw it away."
Super_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote